Train

Train

Friday, June 10, 2011

New Life

Today, I decided to take Luke to der Park im Grüene in Rüschlikon.  The park has a playground, sandboxes (Luke’s favorite), a water feature, donkeys, room to run, and its only a 25 minute walk from the house.  However, our walk took longer today due to a semi-pleasant surprise.  As we walked down the trail, we noticed a small gathering of people.  When we approached the group, we saw the farmer on the other side of the fence with a cow.  The cow was giving birth to a calf.  Luke and I had a pretty good view - the cow delivered just feet from the road.  The experience was amazing to watch.  As we left, Luke and I were discussing the calf’s cuteness when he asked, “How did he get in there?”  Immediately my mind thought about how the cow got pregnant and how could I dance around this question.  As I started to explain the calf was in the cow’s belly - Luke stopped me and said, “No, how did the farmer get in there.”  You see, the fields are surrounded by electric fences and Luke wanted to know how the farmer got into the field without getting shocked.  Whew!  I was comfortable answering that question - “He went through a gate.”   

1 comment: