Train

Train

Friday, June 3, 2011

Farmer's store


Today we enjoyed a stroll down the street to the local farm.  Luke was able to feed the goats, watch the calves run in the field, and keep a close eye on the rabbits.  Each Friday the farm has a little store where we can buy veggies, eggs, milk, yogurt, apples, strawberries, and fresh bread.  We have tried a little of everything - minus the bread.  However, I am tempted the bread smells wonderful - wonder if the farmer’s wife could make a gluten free bread.  We also have the opportunity to order beef, but I don’t fully understand the signs - I would hate to sign up and end up purchasing a whole cow!  We are lucky in that we have a freezer, but it only holds a few containers of ice cream - which is way more important!  I guess we will continue to buy beef in small amounts at the grocery store.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I'm afraid I could not find your email address hence this note - please can you contact me at carole@expatfocus.com regarding sharing your "Expat Experience" of life in Zurich.

    Thank you.

    Kind regards,

    Carole

    ReplyDelete