Train

Train

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Buying Furniture

Whew!  Today was spent at Ikea shopping for furniture.  Long day, but we furnish our place and everything will be delivered tomorrow - except for the couch.  We just happened to select a fabric that has to be special ordered.  While there, Luke spent 1.5 hours in the play area - which he seems to love.  His favorite obstacle is using a knotted rope to climb up a slide.  When I picked him up from the play area today he was watching a movie with several kids.  I asked him what the movie was about - his response, "I don't know."  I'm amazed at how well he has adjusted and seems to understand that we speak a different language.  Luke often asks how to say things in German.  We have been told that once he starts school, he will be fluent within a couple of months.  That may seem unbelievable, but I was amazed how quickly my Spanish speaking students learned English in Atlanta.  
Before heading home on the train, we stopped at McDonald's in Zürich - sounds crazy, but it was so good!  I guess in our case - absence made our tummies grow founder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment